What is the process of raising a house?
The steps of raising a house are relatively straightforward, however they can be very dangerous and costly if not done properly by a professional.
The first step is to set out the stump locations and confirm everything with the client
The second step is to prepare the structural steel for underneath the house and install it
This gives the house strength for the raising process
once the steel is installed, we confirm the heights and position of the house prior to the house being raised, this is an extremely important step as the house has to be in the correct position once raised.
3. Third step is to raise the house, the usually takes about a day to raise a house.
4. Once raised there is easy access for machines to rip out old stumps and concrete footings and then start boring the holes for the new footings.
5. The new steel columns are hung over the holes in position, ready for the concrete to be poured into the house.
6. Once the concrete is set, the house is let down onto the new footings, then bracing is installed and the posts are welded to the structural steel.
7. The house and all of the work is inspected at the end and during this process to make sure it is being completed safely and correctly and is safe for the next contractors.
If you would like to find out more information you can watch some videos and see the process of raising a house here.